Thursday, March 4, 2010

Space

I should be an astronomer. I'm always looking for space.

Precious space away from my Thing 1 and Thing 2...
Don't get me wrong, like any mom, I love being around my kids. Love the hugs, kisses, and the high fives. But sometimes I'd just like a little space. A little of myself.

A typical night, my kids complete my pajama ensemble; a child under each arm or on each leg. I'm thinking that I should start a trend. Give new meaning to the term "baby wearing". But, instead of babies, more like "child wearing", "preschooler wearing", or just plain "mama bling".

Anyway, the point is...space just doesn't happen. And, the sad thing is that one day, they're not going to want to sit on my lap, and one day they're going to be away to college, and I will long for The Days of Whine and Roseola.

So, as tired and overtouched as I am. I'm grateful to have my Thing Bling.

No comments:

Post a Comment