Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Bedtime Routine

After our bedtime routine (books, etc.) here's the bedtime dance:

Thing 1 and Thing 2 go to bed.
Thing 2 talking and singing herself to sleep. Gets up. Wants water
Thing 1 needs to pee.
Thing 2 needs to pee.
Thing 1 wants water.
Thing 2 wants a story (whines when I say no).
Thing 1 wants a lullaby (whines when I say I'll be in later after Thing 2's asleep).
Thing 2 wants to hold my hand and wants a lullaby
Thing 1 wants another hug and kiss
Thing 2 wants another hug and kiss
Thing 2 starts to sing
Hubby yells at
Thing 1 to go back to bed.
Thing 2 asks if daddy's mad at Thing 1
Mommy loses her cool and tells Thing 2 to stop talking and sleep
Thing 2 pouts and sniffs
Thing 2 finally falls asleep
I sneak out and check on
Thing 1
Thing 1 wants a lullaby
Thing 1wants a story (whines for no story)
My leg falls asleep, I leave the room
Thing 1 sneaks out of bed
Both parents shout "Go back to bed!"
Thing 1 sneaks out of bed exclaiming "I can't sleep by myself"
Hubby sits in
Thing 1's room to tuck him in
Thing 1 wants a lullaby
Hubby leaves b/c he can't sing
Thing 1 falls asleep
Thing 2 wakes up and wants mommy
Thing 2 gets out of bed again
Thing 2 falls asleep on the floor
Thing 2 wakes up (2o minutes later) and wants water
Thing 2 goes to bed

I wake up in the middle of the night with both kids. The sneak into my bed while I was sleeping again. I swear, they're breaking me down!

No comments:

Post a Comment