Monday, August 23, 2010

Skinny Jeans and Lipedema

Skinny Jeans. Hate them. Loathe them. With every fiber of my being, I cannot wait for this fashion to be out. It's hard enough for a person with lipedema to find a decent fitting pair of jeans. But now Skinny Jeans play into fashion.

Not only does Skinny Jeans make people look awful while promoting the ideal that thinner is better, but it also makes it extremely difficult to find jeans that fit properly when you have larger than life column legs.

I know, I know, society is never going to bend to my command. If that was the case, I'd be able to afford a $80K house in my parents neighborhood...digressing.

Before these devil jeans came into play, it was easy to shop for jeans (even online). But now, even plus sized jeans have skinnier legs.

My choices now are to either buy mens pants or wear dresses. And, by wearing dresses, I will be showing off my column legs, which is not something I want to do. Wearing mens jeans aren't ideal either as now I have jeans that fit my legs, but I also have a huge bulge in front which makes me look awkward.

I can't win. And, I can't wait for parachute pants to come back into style. MC Hammer, we need you!

No comments:

Post a Comment