Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Housebreaking

I'm at work, working, thinking, and working some more. Sometimes, I'll get into auto mode at work and start drifting my thoughts towards my children.

What are they doing now. Are they behaving? Are they laughing and chasing each other? Will they be tired? What will Alexander boycott at dinner time?...you know, the usual.

But something's been on my mind for the last few days.

How the heck to potty train a stubborn child?

I approach this concept with fear, and have read all the books. Be consistent, brave, and keep going.

And, today, a revelation!

It hit me all at once.

If I can housebreak Buffy, my stubborn little pekingese, I can certainly master housebreaking the boy! I used to do dog training. Same principles, right?

Brace yourself, child...you WILL be out of diapers soon!

to be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment