Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Whining Wednesday

Spouse: someone who'll stand by you through all the trouble you wouldn't have had if you'd stayed single.

Being married takes a lot of work. I admire the people like my parents who make it look easy. I've read something that a long marriage is two people dancing a tango while doing solos. That is so true. There's a lot of compromise and a lot of giving.

With my spouse, I love him and cannot imagine my life without him. Though, there are times, naturally, when I think life would be so much easier. Things in the house would stay where they remain, I wouldn't be disappointed when I came home to yet another mess I didn't create, and I wouldn't have to rely on anyone creating more work for me.

Wednesdays are his nights to play with the guys while I take care of the household. I'm glad he gets to go out and blow off some steam, and in return I ask for a little help. I get disappointed in myself for feeling this way, because he does work hard, like I do. And, I genuinely want the best for him, but I just wish for once, he'd understand, that sometimes, all I really need in life is to walk home and see the good things he does, not see his faults.

Strike an average between what a woman thinks of her husband a month before she marries him and what she thinks of him a year afterward, and you will have the truth about him. ~H.L. Mencken

No comments:

Post a Comment