Thursday, February 26, 2009

Negotiations

Regular morning:

Mommy, no go work please

Sorry kiddo, Mommy has to

No, mommy, you stay here. Daddy go work.

Yeah, daddy goes to work, and mommy has to go to work.

No, mommy, daddy goes work, Un-ore goes work, you stay here.

Sorry, kiddo, mommy's gotta go to work.

Hmm...mommy, you stay here with me, okay?

No can do.

Mommy, no go work. You stay here with me, kay? Daddy go work, you see.

How about you watch a train video?

How about you stay here?

How about you eat breakfast?

How about you eat breakfast with me here?

How about you eat breakfast with daddy?

How about daddy go work and Un-ore go work, and you eat breakfast with me, okay?

How about I sneak out the door while you cry leaving us both sad for the moment?

My son is going to be a great lawyer. Yes, I realize that 7:30 AM is too early to want a glass of wine. (((sigh))) Where's my coffee?

No comments:

Post a Comment